Community

Can't activate key ...

Notifications
Clear all

Can't activate key - "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again"

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it won't let me activate the key. Any thoughts?

Thanks

2 Answers

Hi Chris,

I've checked the server and it appears to be working correctly, which suggests that the problem is perhaps local to you - TerraForm isn't able to connect to the server to verify your subscription and activate itself. It's most likely:

- an internet connection issue.

- a firewall/anti-virus software blocking communications.

Whilst it's not what's causing the problem, the first thing to check is that you have activation keys available. Have you activated before? Is your activation key checked out already? Please see here for info: http://terraformpro.com/docs/installing/

Which anti-virus/firewall software are you using? Where in the world are you based?

Paul

Vegar Kobbevik 20/09/2021 12:06 pm

Hi @paulc

I seem to have the same issue as Chris here, I only get the Activation Error message (see attached image).

I do not use any other firewall than the built-in Windows firewall, anti-virus, VPN or similar. Trying to activate on UE4.26.2.

Hi Vegar,

We've dealt with this via email, but for others it might be useful to reply here:

The problem was that Vegar had a copy of TerraForm FREE installed that was still activated. You can only have one activation of TerraForm per system at any one time.

Share: