Clear all

TerraFrom need discord server and more tutorials

13 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@martin-krustev)
Customer
Topic starter  

as the title says would be cool if make a discord server for more quick help!! because i need help with the dem data

Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

Thanks, Martin. I’ll look into the Discord server. We’re putting together a new website and more tutorials at the moment. It’ll be launched shortly.

What were your questions regarding DTM import? Have I missed something?

ReplyQuote
(@martin-krustev)
Customer
Topic starter  

im struggling with the resolution of the DTM always getting low resolution on the file

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

What resolution is your source DTM? Can you provide screenshots?

ReplyQuote
(@martin-krustev)
Customer
Topic starter  

at all the DTM,can you help me get a island DTM ? do you have discord or facebook because here will be slow ?

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

We do provide direct support via Zoom, but only for customers who have purchased TerraForm Lite or Pro. I regret that for TerraForm Free users, we can only provide support via these discussion boards. 

Problems with a low resolution landscape will either be due to the resolution of the source DTM data, or the overall resolution of the landscape you are creating.

If you can provide a little more detail, I would be happy to help.

ReplyQuote
(@martin-krustev)
Customer
Topic starter  

hmmm maybe the problem is resolution im downloading 30m maybe that why so low res ?!?! im using opentopography 

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

30m is quite low resolution. Where in the world is your landscape? I wonder if there is some better data...?

ReplyQuote
(@martin-krustev)
Customer
Topic starter  

welp there is a lot of islands that i like but for example this one lipari island,so 90m resolution will be better ? because in opentopography i have options for that

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@paulc)
Admin

So the resolution is the distance between height samples (the size of the pixels). So 90m is lower resolution than 30m.

There’s free 10m data of Italy and the islands around it here http://tinitaly.pi.ingv.it/Download_Area2.html

ReplyQuote
(@martin-krustev)
Customer
Topic starter  

downloaded and the file looks good i mean with info i need, what to do now in Qgis ?

ReplyQuote
(@martin-krustev)
Customer
Topic starter  

okay here is what i got what setting to input in UE4 so the collision of the island is right the island is 37 km²

ReplyQuote
(@martin-krustev)
Customer
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Share: