Unreal Unresponsive...

Notifications
Clear all

Unreal Unresponsive During Generation

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

When importing terrain data into unreal for generation, what am I suppose to be seeing? When using the plugin mode, the only thing that gets placed in to the world is the anchor point. It doesn't appear that anything else is processed until I switch to the landscape editing mode. From there, the instance of will become unresponsive (over many hours). Looking at the task manager, it looks like there isn't much happening from the program as it has relatively low CPU and memory usage during this phase. Any advice would be great!

3 Answers

Hey there,

Ran into a similar problem: Upon importing the DTM data, the Landscape was set to a Transform Scale in Unreal of 0:0:0. Upon clicking 'scale', the Z scale went to 100. X:0,Y:0,Z:100 and appeared very similar to what you have shown in your screenshot.

Hope this helps.

Paul 17/05/2021 10:49 pm

I believe this is because the data you're importing is in a round earth projection, with pixel dimensions in degrees latitude and longitude. This means your pixel dimensions will be 0.00nnnn, so UE4 will round these to zero. If you re-project your data to a planar projection (UTM or similar), you should see the data correctly.
If you'd like me to take a look at your data, please feel free to drop me a link to it at info@terraformpro.com

Is the data in geographic lat/long projection (distances measured in decimal degrees rather than metres)? It should be in a planar projection like UTM. 

If a Landscape Anchor has been created, the landscape will also have been created, but if it’s in a spherical projection, it’ll be too small to see.

Bryce Gruber Topic starter 07/05/2021 9:20 pm

The was definitely an issue that I was having, thanks for the help, but now all I see is just a black line that has formed. Was there something that I appeared to miss when converting to UTM in QGIS?

Happy to take a look at the source data if you send me a link at info@terraformpro.com.

Share: