These tutorials provide step by step instructions for creating landscapes in UE4 from maps.
[Click the title to expand the tutorials and reveal the section headings.]
Download the TerraForm Version 2.0.x User Manual here: Download [.pdf format/ ~5.5MB]
- Introduction – What’s in this tutorial?
- The Basics – What UE4 can (and can’t) do.
- Data/Tools – What you’ll need and where to get it.
- Downloading Data – Instructions for getting hold of GIS data.
- Defining UE4 Landscape Extents – How to define the dimensions for the UE4 landscape.
- Exporting DTM & Aerial Data – How to export your DTM and aerial data ready for UE4.
- Exporting Vector Data – How to edit and export your GIS vector data for UE4.
- Creating Landscape Masks – How to create landscape masks from aerial imagery.
- Creating UE4 Landscape – How to create a UE4 landscape from your height map.
- Surfaces & Vegetation – Using masks to drive procedural landscape texturing and vegetation.
- Adding Rail, Roads, etc. – Importing vector data as UE4 splines.