These tutorials provide step by step instructions for creating landscapes in UE4 from maps.
[Click the title to expand the tutorials and reveal the section headings.]
- Introduction – What’s in this tutorial?
- The Basics – What UE4 can (and can’t) do.
- Data/Tools – What you’ll need and where to get it.
- Downloading Data – Instructions for getting hold of GIS data.
- Defining UE4 Landscape Extents – How to define the dimensions for the UE4 landscape.
- Exporting GIS Data – How to export GIS data ready for UE4.
- Editing Vector Data – How to edit GIS vector data for UE4.
- Creating Landscape Masks – How to create landscape masks from aerial imagery.
- Creating UE4 Landscape – How to create a UE4 landscape from your height map.
- Surfaces & Vegetation – Using masks to drive procedural landscape texturing and vegetation.
- Adding Rail, Roads, etc. – Importing vector data as UE4 splines.